A fan is a powered machine used to create flow of air. A fan consists of a rotating arrangement of vanes or blades which act on the air. Mechanically, a fan can be any revolving vane or vanes used for producing currents of air. Most fans are powered by electric motors, but other sources of power may be used, including hydraulic motors, handcranks, internal combustion engines, and solar power.
The fan business refers to manufacturing, import, wholesaling, distribution, retail, installing and repair of powered machines which are used for creating the flow of air. This includes household electric fans and fans for commercial use such as industrial fans and blowers.
- Industrial fan manufacture and wholesale business
- Extractor fan manufacture and wholesale business
- Extractor fan installation business
- Household fan manufacture business
- Gas powered fan supply business
- Ceiling fan manufacture
- Mini desk fan import and distribution
- Hand fan business
- Computer and other electronic fan (axial box fans) business
Tools & Equipment
The most common raw materials used for making fans are plastic and aluminium.
Some pieces of equipment needed are sizing and shaping machine, sound pressure level meter, ceiling fan stator winding machine and others.